Do you love a good upcycle project? Recently I participated in the At Home DIY Challenge and created this DIY Doily Dreamcatcher (click for tutorial).
I used some items I had on hand to make it and it was so much fun to turn some old things into something new and beautiful! Another way to change things up is to give them a good paint makeover.
Today, I’ve put together 11 projects from the challenge that I love. There are many different types of crafting involved, and many new skills with painting, so I think you’ll love this collection of upcycling and painting ideas.
- Rug Wall Hanging by The DIY Dreamer – This is a beautiful, colorful piece of artwork that I think looks amazing and could fit many decorating styles.
2. Upcycled Bar Stool to Plant Stands by The Frugal Homemaker – how cool is it that she used one old bar stool to create two amazing plant stands? Definitely check out this tutorial.
3. Upcycled Folding Stools by Hello Central Avenue – These folding stools would be great to have in a kid’s room.
4. Upcycle a Sewing Table into a Desk by The DIY Dreamer – this is a great combination of an upcycle project and a paint makeover and I just adore the size of this little desk. Would be perfect for my kids who are now e-learning the rest of this year.
5. How to Paint a Concrete Floor by Two Feet First – I have always wanted to paint my workshop floor and this just might be the tutorial to help you too.
6. End Table Makeover by The Frugal Homemaker – taking it from dark and drab to light, fresh and beautiful. Go check out what it looked like before!
7. How to Update an Old Mirror with Chalk Paint by Zucchini Sisters – This is a new idea I haven’t personally seen before, but I like it!
8. Custom Wall Decals with Spray Paint by Hello Central Avenue – Now this is a super cool idea and something anyone can make with supplies they likely have on hand. Love this idea and want to try the technique in other shapes!
9. How I Painted a Buffalo Check Floor by Savvy Apron – You guys, this floor! I love it so much and am so happy she wrote a tutorial. Would you try it?
10. Stain Wood Furniture without Stripping Paint by Abbotts at Home – This is such a crucial tutorial for how you can compelely rejuvenate wooden furniture with minimal effort. Check it out!
Thanks for reading! I hope you found some of these tutorials helpful! Like I said, different techniques can help you turn something old into something beautiful and “new”. It’s a great way to save some money or express your creativity, or both!
If you like this collection, please share on Pinterest or other social media networks!
Which is your favorite?
Get out and create something!
Leave a Reply