School is about to begin! In celebration, I’ve put together this roundup of Back to School DIY Ideas. In our neck of the woods we have just ONE week of summer left. We are equally happy and sad about the fact that the kids will be going back to school. We have enjoyed all the time to do fun things, work on projects, and take vacations, but we are ready for the structure and normal routine that the school year brings.
Get your DIY on before that first day! Here’s some inspiration!
(This post contains affiliate links, for more info see my Disclosures page. Aff links give me a small percentage if you order after clicking the links, at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my site!)
1 . Reversible Back to School sign – First Day of… by DIY Danielle.
2. This awesome Entryway Command Center by Craftivity Designs is a cute way to stay organized for the year.
3. These Ribbon Bookmarks by Craftivity Designs are a cute way for kids to organize their notebooks or for you to organize your calendar!
4. A second option for the first day of school signs that you see in so many photos. Just love these First Day Printable signs also by Craftivity Designs.
5. This amazing idea for a yearly Back to School shirt by Where the Smiles Have Been to keep throughout all the school years.
6. What about these amazing Teacher Buckets by The Magic Brush? I just love this idea!
7. If two wasn’t enough, how about another awesome tutorial for a First Day of School sign by AWExquisiteDesign. There are so many options for these signs.
8. These Teacher Survival Kits by Dazzle While Frazzled are just awesome. Every teacher needs a sweet gift and these are considerate and funny!
9. Personalize your little one’s (or big one’s) backpack with these customized Back to School Backpack Tags by Dazzle While Frazzled.
10. The perfect gift for the teacher with a sense of humor…or if your kid is extra trouble. This In Case of Emergency Teacher gift by Inspiration for Moms just cracks me up.
11. Aren’t these Tin Can Organizers by Kreativ K just the cutest? They’d be perfect for a homework desk or area.
12. Looking for inspiration for a Back to School Desk Makeover? Well, Kreativ K has that in spades. Check out this adorable desk makeover.
13. On the other hand, The Boondocks Blog has a great School Bag Makeover, so check that out too!
14. If you have kids in a bunch of activities, these After School Activity Totes by Lemons, Lavender and Laundry are just what you need!
15. Lemons, Lavender and Laundry also has this great Homework Caddy tutorial to help your kid stay organized and have all the supplies they need at hand while doing homework.
16. This School Supply and Craft Organizer by Old House to New Home may be just what you need to keep those kids focused on their homework and not looking for a pencil or scissors. Or is that just my house?
17. Another option is this Homework Organization Station by Anika’s DIY Life that solves so many issues!
18. And last but not least, show off your kids’ work throughout the school year with this Family Display Board by Abbotts At Home! I adore this idea.
What do you think? Any other great ideas for Back to School DIY ideas? Please share!
Other Roundups you should check out!
Maker. DIY Blogger. Artist.
Sheri has been creating all of her life in various ways and finds great purpose and empowerment in creating something new. When she’s not in the workshop or craft room she is making memories with her husband, four kids, perfect dog and ornery cat.